Requirements for Virtual Delivery of Training
- Forty initial hours of training plus a year of ongoing consultation (as consistent with the PCIT International Therapist Training Requirements; see www.PCIT.org for most recent document).
- Thirty of the 40 hours must be provided via synchronous virtual format (i.e., live interactions between trainer and trainees, not recorded didactics or video);
- Ten hours can be provided via asynchronous formats.
- Workshop hours can be distributed for the convenience of trainer and trainees (e.g., 2 hrs/week; 10hrs/week). However, 40hrs/week is not recommended.
- No more than 6 trainees in a virtual workshop.
- Content of the 40 hours to be consistent with the PCIT International Therapist Training Requirements (www.PCIT.org).
- Experiential learning/active practice and assessment of therapists’ PCIT skills to be integrated into the online training (see attached for ideas for virtual skill-building exercises).
- Therapy session review for each trainee (live or of video) as specified by the PCIT International Therapist Training Requirements (www.PCIT.org).
- Region limits for Level 2 trainers remain the same (i.e., unless otherwise specified by PCIT International, Level 2 certification includes your training only therapists who practice within your state).